Aluminum Boulder Series Rear Tire Carrier
This is the hand TIG welded Aluminum version of the GenRight "Swing Down" rear tire carrier that we have used on many of the GenRight Jeeps for years, including the 2012 Ultimate Adventure. We call it the Boulder Series Tire Carrier.
We improved on an old design by adding additional tubes in key areas of the carrier "cage" to stiffen it. Then, we designed a new innovative mounting system to securely hold almost any tire & wheel combination from 33" to 42"!
In line with our other high quality products that allow you to keep your rear seat (or rear cargo area), this tube style tire carrier is made with Heavy Duty 1-1/2" diameter x .188" wall Aluminum alloy tubing. The result is a cutting edge tire carrier fits tight to the rear of the vehicle (only sticks back 15-1/2" off the tailgate!) for the best possible departure angle.
This is also a great rattle free way to hold a 33” to 42" spare tire that will not rip apart the back of your Jeep! Combine that with easy access by one person to change up to a 42" tire and you have a perfect choice for a trail rig with big tires.
- The carrier cage is 100% TIG welded 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy.
- Design makes it possible for one person to load and unload large heavy tires tires by themselves.
- Carrier easily fits up to 42" diameter x 14.50" wide tires.
- Super light weight, entire assembly only weighs 25lbs (including bumper plate)!
- Improves departure angle and angled lower tubes will let you slide off tight trail obstacles.
- Unique tire mounting system will fits any bolt pattern and any offset wheel.
- Innovative T-Handle mount can be "flipped" to raise or lower the rear tire in the carrier for better on-road visibility.
- Relocates the rear license plate from the rear corner of the Jeep to the center of the tire carrier.
- Upper mounts are adjustable so you can make the pins easy to remove after everything settles.
- Upper pins are self locking so they won't fall out.
- Works with factory hard or soft tops.
- Made in USA!
This Rear Carrier Includes:
- 1/4" thick internal gussets that tie the upper carrier to the rear cage mounts (specific to each model Jeep).
- (2) Lower pivot mounting brackets that can be welded to any bumper (no welding required if you purchase the optional rear cross member mounting plate).
- A beefy "T" Handle that has a heavy duty ACME thread holds the wheel into the cage for long term durability.
- A "fish" wire is pre-run through the carrier frame for a license plate and 3rd brake light(s).
- Greasable urethane bushings isolate each of the 4 mounting points to eliminate rattles!
- (2) Rear bumper mounting pivot brackets (an optional rear bumper plate is pictured to the left).
- All necessary Grade 8 mounting hardware.
- Mounting brackets can provide from 0" up to 1.5" of adjustment to accommodate body lifts.
- Easy to follow installation Instructions.
- This tire carrier will include 2 (lower pivot) mounts that can be attached to your existing rear bumper for mounting of this tire carrier on your Jeep. However, we recommend using our lightweight and close fitting (for the best departure angle) heavy duty Rear Bumper Plate (RTC-3220) to mount this swing down tire carrier. NEW our Bumper Plates now include: Two 1" thick shackle mounts for solid rear tow points. The Bumper Plate and D-Ring Shackles REC-2100 are sold separately (options available at check out).
- There are (4) Lightening holes in the Rear Bumper Plate that make an excellent spot to mount LED back up lights (LED1500).
- We offer an additional rear frame to bumper tie-in kit RBB-1100 (for the Jeep TJ or LJ only) for those doing long or repeated towing of stuck vehicles.
- Sold Un-painted and requires some finish work before painting.
- This product should be fully installed BEFORE painting and then removed for paint or powder coating.
- The inner rear cross member re-enforcement plate is no longer necessary (RBB-1007) since we moved from one center tow point to two on either side of the Bumper Plate.
- When lowered, it can be walked on as a ramp to reach gear in the back of your Jeep.
- Rubber bumper shown on top of carrier frame in pictures is transferred from the Jeep’s tailgate door.
- A matching front bumper / stinger is also available (FBB-2010 & FBB-2100).
- To remain street legal you should illuminate the relocated license plate. We offer the LED-1640 for that reason.
- Receive and additional discount on all OPTIONS if chosen at time of purchase!
Be sure to click on More Pictures to see larger more detailed images of this product.