Rear Cross Member Plate
This is the GenRight RBB-1000, a 3/16" thick steel cross member re-enforcement plate to "cap" the factory rear frame cross member on a Jeep TJ, LJ or YJ.
It is designed to beef-up your existing rear frame member AND rear most body mounts. It can also be used as a hi clearance bumper by itself (as we do on our swing down tire carriers) or a re-enforcement under any rear bumper.
As you can see in the pictures, you remove the rear most body mounts and install the plate then slip them back in place.
This kit includes:
- Allows you to repair or replace damage rear cross members & body mounts (needed on LJ's).
- Allows you to beef up the factory 1/8" thick rear frame section.
- Can be installed under an existing rear bumper.
- Can be used by itself as a bumper for a better departure angle.
- Bolt-on design
- Shipped to you un-painted
- (1) Full width laser cut and CNC bent rear plate
- No hardware
- Requires drilling additional holes in the rear cross member to properly mount it on your Jeep.
- Includes NO hardware with this part number (you can upgrade to RBB-1001).
- Optional internal "backing plate" is recommended and available (RBB-1007).
- For proper mounting, it requires removing the fuel tank to drill and access center bolts.
- Will NOT work on CJ's (please use P/N: RBB1008).
- If this product is being used under a aftermarket rear bumper to beef up or re-inforce the rear cross member, you may have to cut off and re-weld the lower tabs on the rear bumper (if your bumper has these).
|Optional Back Lights||
Before I put this bracket on my spare tire carrier and tire used to shake bad on dirt roads. Now it almost doesn't move at all. Great addition to the rear cross member. I recommend this to anyone with a bumper mounted spare tire carrier.
View All 1 Reviews
Write A Review