Outboard Rear Shock Mount Kit
This is the GenRight outboard rear shock mount kit for the Jeep TJ, LJ, YJ or CJ-7. Our new mount is made of thicker material and is also wider. It is a perfect way to convert your rig to Coilover shocks. It is a VERY clean and simple design which "frenches" into the side of the frame and maximizes your dampening control at the wheel.
It is also a great fit with our EXT & COMP Stretch Kits to relocate the shock while moving the rear axle back.
Why do it this way?
- So you can run longer shocks AND move the lower mount "up" flush with the bottom of the rear axle.
- So you can run coilovers and keep your back seat / cargo area.
- Instead of re-locating the coil spring mount AND figuring out where to re-mount the shock (when stretching the wheel base), we recommend this outboard rear shock mount as a total solution!
- Optimal shock position for maximum dampening control.
- Allows you to run long travel shocks without cutting through the rear inner fender well.
- Laser cut from 1/4" thick steel and CNC bent.
- Includes (2) large laser cut gussets.
- Super wide shock mount opening (1-3/4" wide) will not bind on long travel shocks
- By relocating the shocks outboard, it allows for more exhaust routing options.
- Can be used with 2" diameter coil over or regular type shocks (that use a 1/2" bolt top & bottom).
- Can be used on standard coil spring or leaf spring type vehicles too!
- (2) Upper shock mounts (frame side).
- (2) Lower shock mounts (axle side).
- Includes shock mounting hardware and spacers.
- Detailed installation instructions.
These mounts are universal and can be cut or trimmed to be mounted in any position. Lower mounts are welded onto the back of the housing near the brake caliper and do not hang down!
We only offer 1 size to fit all applications that can be trimmed to fit from 8" to 18" travel shocks and is perfect for most vehicles.
We recommend and sell the KING 2.0" diameter (or FOX) emulsion type shocks (in coil over or non-coil type) with a Dual Rate spring set that are valved specifically for the rear Jeep suspension. These shocks are also fine tuneable by you by changing oil level, oil weight and nitrogen pressure.
Can be used with stock or after market bump stops. Compatible with most body lifts 2" or less.
- Must be used in conjunction with a separate bump stop (do not use the rubber bumper on the shock as a bump stop) These can be purchased at GenRight SUP1002 and SUP1020.
- All shocks are priced in pairs and include everything needed (Pre-valve’d for a Jeep, 2 different spring rates, sliders, etc.).
- Depending on the width of your rear axle, the rear caliper may need to be fliped from the rear of the axle to the front to allow the lower mount to be moved out further.
Be sure to click on More Pictures to see larger more detailed images of this product installed on Jeeps OR being used with coilover & non-coilover shocks.
|Coil Over Shocks?||
I have installed other brand shock mounts and now I have installed the GenRight mounts. By far the GenRight mounts are far superior! They are nothing like each other when it comes to fit, finish & quality. I know I will only sell the GenRight shock mounts from now on. Don @ Fubar Offroad.
We just finished the installation of the outboard shock mount kit and 2.0 Kings coilovers on my YJ. True to form, this kit came together exceptionally well. With Dave's guidance we were able to achieve a very clean install on a modified Ford 8.8 rear without a ton of room to work with. Needless to say another GenRight product that has greatly enhanced the look and off-road performance/on road manners...extremely satisfying....
Regarding the Genright rear shock towers: They made a HUGE difference in the rig not only in travel, but in stability. Before the towers I'd bottom out and bounce around @ 30mph in the open. With the towers I'd run out of motor (4cyl) before I did the suspension. Highly recommended! J. Putman, AZ
View All 7 Reviews
Write A Review