Belly Up Skid Plate for a TJ, Aluminum
This is the New GenRight Aluminum Belly Up transfer case skid plate for a Jeep Wrangler TJ or LJ. It increases your ground clearance by up to 2-3/8" inches by replacing the factory skid plate with a lower-profile and more heavy duty skid plate.
This high clearance, smooth bottom skid plate is laser cut and CNC bent from 5/16" thick steel. Stronger and thicker than the stock plate to provide strong but lightweight protection to your undercarriage.
A one-inch body lift is required on all TJ and Rubicon applications for proper transfer case clearance. Some exhaust adjustment may be necessary. Fits all TJ Wrangler models including the Rubicon and Unlimited LJ.
- This kit provides the maximum amount of ground clearance possible, but requires some fine tuning of the rear pinion angle to eliminate driveshaft vibration.
- A 1" engine motor mount Lift or Spacer is recommended when installing this belly up skid.
- Requires use of our transmission cross member kit.
- A slip yoke eliminator kit and CV drive shaft will be necessary.
- Average install time is 3 hours and requires supporting the transmission and transfer case to install.
- Rubicon model skid plate is a different part number.
FYI: We offer this same skid plate for the Jeep YJ too (SKP4510).