This is the newest generation (G3) GenRight "tube style" Hi-Fender for the Jeep CJ-7 that everyone is talking about.
Built tough like our regular tube fenders, these fenders are constructed 3-3/4" higher that stock to allow you to run bigger tires with minimal lift. This keeps the Jeep CG (Center of Gravity) low so it will feel more stable out on the trail and the road.
Built from rugged 1-1/2" diameter x .120" wall tubing and plated with 1/8" thick steel, these fenders will hold up on the trail.
- Smooth "single tube" design.
- No flare to fit on tight trails.
- Unique side panel cut out for easy access and better ventilation.
- Now includes Perforated side panels to remove more unwanted under hood heat.(TFF5506)
- Bigger wheel opening (3" up and back).
- Re-uses original inner fender well.
- Can be used with your factory hood, cut down.
- Also sold with 4" flare (TFF1720) or 6" wide flare (TFF1820).
- Also available in a light weight Aluminum version (TFF1610)
- Matching 4" wide Rear tube flares are also available (TFR1020).
- THIS IS NOT A DIRECT BOLT ON! You have got to really want these fenders on your Jeep! It is going to take a lot of work! If you are not up to the job, have a professional install them or DO NOT buy them!
- Like any modification or significant upgrade, some concessions must be made! Depending on your vehicles original equipment, you may have to disconnect and remove some luxury items under the hood (like the washer fluid bottle).
- Because there is physically less space under the hood, we strongly recommend switching to a smaller gel type battery (if you haven't already). Along that same line, anything "extra" that has been installed under the hood (ARB pump's, etc.) will have to be re-located!
- We offer an optional Stealth side marker LED light kit for these fenders.(LED1004)
- Fenders are sold in pairs.
- Fenders are sold un-painted and require finish work before painting.
- We recommend fully installing the fenders, then removing them for paint.
- Requires cutting of the factory front fenders (keeping & re-using some of the factory fender).
- The bigger wheel opening will require cutting the rocker guard back to match the new fender opening.
- A matching rear tube flare is also available (4" wide TFR1020 & 6" wide TFR1021)
Click on More Pictures for more detailed images.